What is Soileos
Soileos is a cellulose-based smart micronutrient fertilizer available as a granule, seed coating, soil amendment or NPK granule coating. As an alternative to synthetic EDTA fertilizers, oxides and oxysulfates, Soileos makes the land more productive, and its residue is organic carbon which remains in the soil fortifying it for future harvests. Because it’s plant-based and not water soluble, Soileos isn’t washed away into groundwater where it can pollute groundwater, surface water and even drinking water. Instead it stays in the soil, saving farmers the time and expense of reapplication throughout the growing season. Soileos performs well in alkaline soil where conventional micronutrient fertilizers are ineffective.
Want to participate in our field trials? Please let us know.
Learn more about
Benefits of Soileos
Higher Crop Yields
Up to 20% increase in crop yields
Easy Application and Dosing
Soileos is non-toxic, even at high dosages, allowing for simple applications with existing equipment
Increased Nutrient Density
Soileos’s on-demand micronutrient delivery system increases nutrient density in plant tissue, seeds and sprouts, resulting in healthier crops
No synthetic chemicals in your soil
Soileos uses organic cellulose instead of synthetic EDTA as carrier for micronutrients.
No polluting run-off
Soileos is sustainable and does not leach polluting chemicals in the groundwater
Works in Alkaline Soil
Soileos performs well in alkaline soils up to pH 10.
Proven by Science
Current micronutrient fertilizers like chelates, oxides and oxy-sulphates are ineffective in high alkaline soil, expensive, hard to use, and pollute soil and groundwater. Soileos is different. Through a patented micronutrient delivery technology developed by Lucent Biosciences, Soileos binds micronutrients to cellulose fibers, yielding a new class of smart micronutrient fertilizers that does not leach and increases the yield of more nutritious and higher quality crops.
Soileos has been extensively tested in field and greenhouse trials in collaboration with AgQuest, Kwantlen Polytechnic University and Agriculture & Agrifood Canada in peas, barley, cabbage, canola, wheat and turf grass. Additional crops and soil types will be tested in 2020. The current trials show consistent advantages between Soileos and EDTA based micronutrient fertilizers:
- Soileos has shown improved growth and yield between 4% to 20% as compared to standard micronutrient fertilizer products;
- Soileos has minimal leaching and is long lasting in soils, allowing for multiple crop rotations to benefit;
- Soileos has displayed significant increases in micronutrient uptake by plants in plant tissue, seeds and sprouts, ranging for 20-50% depending on crop and soil type, resulting in healthier plants and better flavour;
- Soileos is non-toxic – even at high dosages – which allows for easy dosing and application
- Soileos adds carbon to the soil and has a net carbon benefit.
- Soileos performs well and over a prolonged period of time in all soils, including high-alkaline soils, providing micronutrients in their bioavailable form to crops.